Reverse searing your TDA steak
The reverse searing method is a modern take on cooking the perfect steak. It’s been hailed as the fool-proof way to get a perfect, evenly cooked steak every time. Reverse searing ensures a more evenly cooked steak from inside out compared to the traditional frying method. This method is especially suited to thicker cuts steaks (>1 inch), such as tomahawks, that usually need some extra time on the pan. You’ll need an internal food thermometer to perfect this technique.
- Remove your steak from the fridge and leave it out for at least 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Season your steak as desired with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in a pre-heated oven (135°C) until internal temperature reaches 55°C. This can take up to 60 minutes depending on steak cut and thickness.
- Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat your pan and when ready sear you steak on each side in butter to create a beautiful caramelised crust.
- Place the steak onto a heated plate and allow to sit for a few minutes to rest in its own juices.
View our products »